With busy schedules, I understand how difficult it can be to fit psychotherapy sessions into our lives. I offer flexible scheduling options, such as over lunch, after work, and on weekends. You will also have a personal portal where you can access personalized resources and tools to help you build the skills that are important to you.
Psychotherapy is a different journey for each person, a reflection of the unique paths of our lives. Some people may require only a few sessions, while others have benefitted from a longer-term commitment.
I work with clients who are looking for ways to cope with anxiety, depression, trauma, post-traumatic stress, life transitions, LGBTQ issues, creative blocks, grief and loss, postpartum, adjustment to parenthood, palliative care, and caregiver support.
1. Initial Consultation: We will have a 15-minute free phone consultation where we can discuss your concerns, needs, and therapy expectations. Please consider this an invitation to ask any questions about me, too.
2. Assessment: During the first sessions, we understand your unique story, and may do a few assessments to identify where you are today, where you would like to be, and your goals for therapy.
3. Therapy Planning: Based on our conversations, we will develop a personalized treatment plan tailored to your unique needs and goals.
4. Therapy Sessions: Regular therapy sessions provide a safe space for you to explore your feelings, thoughts, and experiences. We work together to more deeply understand your own self, to develop new insights, identify new coping strategies, develop more authentic relationships with others, and make the changes you may have been struggling to do on your own.
5. Progress Evaluation: Throughout our sessions, we continually review and adjust the therapy plan based on your feedback and progress, ensuring that your therapy remains focused and effective for you.
Self-referrals are welcome, and you do not require a referral from a healthcare professional. My services are tax deductible because they fall in the category of medical expenses. Some extended health insurance plans and workplace benefits may also cover my services. I provide psychotherapy to VAC clients through Medavie BlueCross.
Our first contact will be a free 15-minute appointment to learn more about each other. I will ask you some specific questions about your reason for seeking psychotherapy and past emotional or psychological issues. The purpose of this call is to make sure that we both feel we will be a ‘good fit,’ that I will be able to support your needs, and that we will enjoy working together.
Duration of appointments
Appointments are 50 minutes in length. I use the remaining 10 minutes to write session notes and prepare for our next appointment.
We can meet in person, virtually through an easy-to-use privacy-protected platform, or hybrid, depending on what works best for you. Learning which appointment options work best for you will enhance your commitment to psychotherapy.
Fees are payable after each session. Individual sessions of 50 minutes are $220. Emotion Focused Mindfulness Therapy groups and Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy groups run for eight weeks, with 2.5-hour sessions with a maximum of 8 people only. Groups are $800. The next groups are beginning in May, 2024. I offer a sliding scale for those in need for you to determine if you meet the criteria – I leave this up to you to decide. Please contact me for more information.
Fees are payable by e-transfer or credit card. Fees that are paid without coverage are tax-deductible as they qualify under the category of medical expenses. I am a Medavie Blue Cross provider.
A receipt will be issued when payment is received. Please retain these receipts for insurance or income tax purposes. Registered Psychotherapy is a tax-deductible medical expense.
Cancellation and missed appointments policy
I follow a 48-hour cancellation policy. Please let me know 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment if you cannot make your appointment. This allows me enough time to rebook a cancelled appointment with a client who is waiting for service. The total fee will be charged for late cancellations or missed appointments. Insurance companies do not provide reimbursement for cancelled and missed appointments.